Thursday, December 21, 2006

Seasonal Fear . . Cheer ?

Lack of posts . . .
Still don't have my computer online again.
Have been riding a fair bit this week. Rode to work today despite the heat - I was a beetroot for a good half an hour after my arrival - certainly earned me a few looks. It only takes 30 minutes which is the same as in the car! I just get a massive cardio work out and go really red. FANTAST*C!

Apologies to those to whom I may have spoken to on Friday night after the Blank Tapes movie showing - I have very little idea of what happened. I was having some weird episode where I felt like I was in a dream - I was speaking and responding to what people were saying but don't recall what was said . . only that at the time I was paranoid something weird was about to escape my lips because I had no control - no conneciton between brain and communicative functions. Scary. But I do recall being very happy to see Cuchulain again - such a charming young man!
It was variously explained away for me as a panic attack and low sugar.
Whatever it was was not something I wish to repeat.

I'm back from a little Xmas cheer with my peeps, S&A. I'll miss them terribly in the short time I won't get rides and chats, chai. But I'll proudly wear their wonderful present~! Unfortunately my unpreparedness for the season even extended to them - A got a Xmas Heineken.
Experienced the nuttiness that is SingStar for the first time - the wonders that can be achieved by following lines on a screen despite a complete lack of knowledge of the song you're singing!

Went to Peach's family carols on Tuesday night - saw their lovely house. They live just around the corner yet they work so hard we never get to see each other.
They're getting married on the 17th - the day before S&A! It's going to be one big weekend!

Tuesday was a toughish one. I took a trip to Goolwa which proved revealing.
In terms of my own past and origins.
It's kind of unnerving to have preconceptions of selfhood pulled out from under you.
Then being told not to let it get to you because life is just like that, and well, it's done and happened . . . present day reality is no different. "You just deserve to know"
I feel a little rattled with what I have learned of my own beginnings . . . long suspected, but only in a half-hearted way.
Isn't it strange when suddenly the twistedness of reality appears in your own life - Kind of like my own version of Secrets and Lies.
And now I'm not sure if I should take the on the responsibility of telling anyone else.
Do they need to know ? Did I really ?
Should I tell them now or later ?
Should I let someone else ? Would they feel betrayed if I don't tell them ?
Will they care ?
Will the other people involved feel betrayed because I've revealed something that they themselves refused to disclose to me ? Do they think it's something better left unsaid; unexposed ?

Geet and I have been having my crazy escapades . . . bunny hopping, beach-going and an attempted 'dumpling-off' with Kevin for his birthday. Hopefully it will occur for Geet's.

What else have I done ?
Had a lovely laksa lunch and then had to ride to the physio through the mud and rain - My white dress wasn't thanking me after that - yellow down the front and black down the back.
Also got back my repaired birkis.

Had to return my bike light after it ceased to function porperly the first night I used it and then broke further on Sunday when Wiz and I were galavanting about the Torrens and Elder Park - ahhhh the lure of fireworks for nerdy people. Alison and I have the exact same bike light too - but oh so soon she and her 5 LED amazingness will be departing for Oz tour extravaganza.

Hope to be seeing the wonderful Shelley, lately of NZ fame, tomorrow and then have a crazy-full day of early morning breakfast with Alice, removed to Perth and back here for an Xmas flying trip, work and then the drive to the Mt for family celebrations.

How has this weekend crept up so ?
TOTALLY disorganised!
I have done some super cool framing of photos and the like . . . I love my job. But suspect that perhaps my workplace target potential employees who are likely to spend their pay packets before they leave the store. I have no idea where my latest purchase is likely to fit - in my new and as yet unbought and undiscovered house ?!!

SO I shall take this opportunity to wish all my faithful readers a happy and safe festive season.
May there be many more in the future~!
Merry Christmesssss~

PS Who's up for NYE madness ? So far I only have about 4 engagements . . . What's everyone else doing ?

Time for some music, packing and hitting of the hay - pilates in the morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home