Thursday, November 30, 2006

Earthly disappearance

This post is for Sarah. Because she sent a concerned email to inquire as to where I had gone.
She got the uncensored version of my nutty week since my last depressing post.
I think I may be going more insane since my return to this town.

Makes you consider if it's all worth it.

On Thursday last week I got a job.
It's a nice job: I don't have to worry about people being anal about bread products, the pay is decent and it's vaguely arty.
You'd think this would have prompted an enthusiastic post but no.
All the unhappy things just seem to cramming themselves in and pressing down.
I wonder if I shouldn't quit writing this blog.
I really find that I've started to use it almost like therapy rather than providing the ether and my avid readers with interesting facts about my life in a foreign country.
But this is kind of about that experience . . . People talk about being warned about the 'coming home' thing. I was never warned.
And damn it's been hugely hard. It still is.
I'm scared that if I go away again it will all happen again upon my return.
Or maybe this time I just won't come back at all.


~Intermission~

Beenz cut my hair just before.
Now I'm off to pilates and then perhaps to bike riding madness.

On the positive side I had a lovely night last night viewing various art exhibitions in the west end and ended up at East Taste with we-used-to-be-dressed-up-as-clowns-together-at-one-year-old-Tamzin, her gentleman Peter, Ann, a prawn-devouring guy who's name I've already forgotten because of the white wine fog, and the most lovely Andrew and Peta. It was so nice to hang out with them all, get reacquainted with Tamzin (we might do bake stuff together) and chat extensively to Peta for the first time even though we've various connections for a number of years.
It was super lovely.

Off I dash.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay my lovely ElleB is alive!!
sorry was in other lab, but am free sat evening if you are otherwise no plans for sunday...
love sareB

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home