Saturday, December 02, 2006

Work, knocks offs/ups and art

No photos lately . . .

But today at work as the predicted flood of people picking up and making orders failed to appear I was getting a little inspired . . . I was looking through our print catalogues and pondering conceptualism and the consummerist/commerical nature of the 'art' we have.
Having seen a little of various of exhibitions on Wednesday night I've been thinking about this a bit. And wondering why I shouldn't do a bit of what lots of others are doing and cash in on the desire for 'art' that matches the walls and preexisting furnishings. It could be the start of a sell-out money-making scheme to finance a life of luxury.
Possibly.

What else . . .
Today I asked "When're you 'til?" . . . bemusedly realising the customer was addressing me, thinking he was referring to my having just filled in my time sheet, I replied "Oh, I'm here til 5".
"I thought I saw little bump there" he said still evidently not embarrassed by his mistake.
So taking a sidelong glance at Liisa, completely flabbergasted and as not to make him realise what he'd said, I piped back that that was also due at 5 too and just waited for him to get out of the shop before we laughed ourselves redfaced silly.
Liisa was worried that I'd be really offended and be rude, but I was more freaked out at the suggestion - what if he was some kind of savant without any social decorum.
Hmmm . . . not that likely. Probably just another northy nutter.
I figured it was my Moo-moo style dress that did it and I'd also like to blame it on his crazy eyes - It's not as though I normally look pregnant . . . weird.
I'll miss working with Liisa when I finish my training. She's such a champ.

Friday night after shutting the shop by myself with numerous incidences.
Had the Xmas party . . . that was also eventful as I didn't know what my coworkers even look like (Liisa being off at the Kylie concert) so I was lostly wandering about the Ed looking for people I didn't even know. Was a lovely evening despite this. Coworkers all chatty, especially enjoyed talking to the other youngy Bec, a jeweller.

Now it's already time to go out with Geet for an evening of party hopping.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phili said...

Yay for job but what exactly is it Ellie??

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home