Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The wonder of . . . visitors

The weekend was really full on but it really impressed upon enjoyment that one can get from meeting and talking to new people. From showing people a good time in a place with which they are unfamiliar but you know well.
Since living in Japan may people have asked me about Australia. I find, of course, that there are so many things that I don't know . . . and realise that there are so many places that I'd love to go exploring in Australia. I think there are few people who don't remain fairly strong bonds of affection to the country in which they grew up no matter where they might travel to or end up living. In fact, I think you come to realise just how strong the ties are when you are not in said country (despite how much you may despise and dispair of national poltitcs, etc).
I would love to be able to show some of the really amazing things that comprise my homeland to the rest of the world . . .
WIth regard to my adopted country and the wonderfulness of Hiroshima style Okonomiyaki . . . when are you'll coming on over ??
紹介してあげるよ!! Doesn't it look like fun?!!! And yummy to boot?!

Time for class with Chris - a Poland national who spends summer at his house in Perth and is enamoured of Japanese culture to a point that I sometimes find a little ridiculous . . .
What will it be this week ? More ritual sucide perhaps ??

It threatened rain all yesterday but didn't and now today is shiny white with little hint of moisture other than the high high high humidity.
Right two minutes down the stairs . . off I go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home