Sunday, June 04, 2006

笠岡の祭、船に乗った時

Can you spot the naked arse ?

Or more to the point . . . all of them. Quite funny, especially for the foreign boys who took part. Wearing the fundoshi looked quite the experience, particularly when you take into account that you are dressed into them by other blokes because you can't do it yourself!!
We girls had it comparatively easy in tshirt and shorts. But the whole rowing of the flipping boat was darn difficult! We lost but only by a tiny margin, however it was probably only because we had some seasoned old blokes helping us out! By the end my back was giving out, weak as it is, and my left calf was starting to get pretty stressed out.
One of the funniest things of the whole experience was throwing out free lollies and the like to locals, comprising mainly of grannies and the like with plastic bags swooping and corwing like seagulls for the mochi, sweets and packets of chips we were throwing from the boats up in to the laneway where they stood eagerly waiting.

Well, the festival was great and all but the cold that has plagued me for this past week has put a bit of a dampener on things. We are just back from spending the night in Miyoshi with Kumi-chan's parent's inabsentia. Did lots of sleeping, eating of food, bathing in the bath, chatting til late at night with Kumi, pondering over the things I am thinking I'd like to do in my life now, feeling sad and reading my manga in preparation for class.
Despite my cold I had to do a presentation this week and so I skipped class again on Wednesday (Didn't get to any classes other than my exam on Monday because I felt awful and needed to try and study to make up for have to sleep so much with my cold - Think I actually did okay in the exam despite my head being all fogged up) because my cold had developed into a bad cough and I was really tired. I was up til about 3am preparing for the talk and was actually really enthuased about what I was doing and happily stayed up working away. I made up a special paper depicting the relationships between all of the characters in the manga, making it so that with the descriptions and pictures provided the other stuents should have been able to insert the character's names if they were paying enough attention to that day's or the previous presentation or brought the last week's paper. So, the response was pretty lame and my overall presentation could have been a little more polished but compared to the usual efforts, and given trhat no-one really responds generally, I was happy. The class doesn't really work all the well unless you push yourself and get what you need out of it so I was happy with my work! And today I wizzed through book 5 not needing my dictionary all that much. It was a very lazy day - reading on my futon but this cough still won't budge!

Also in this the events of this week were one friend getting angry at me about keys and another friend surprising me with news of her work . . . not that anyone related is likely to read this but I'm still under oath of secrecy! Very exciting and a little distressing.
Tried to rest again on Friday but then ended up going out on Friday - having an insanely embarassing incident that only Alex and Tori are ever likely to hear about - then hanging out with Keinan and others, first at Keinan's part-time job Korean restuarant then checking out the first night of the Tokasan festivities in town. Bumped into not a few friends out and about in yukata - see flickr for photos of Alex, Tori and myself living it up in Kasaoka in yukata the night before the race. Then we all went back the apartment buildling where I used to live and where a lot of the others still do, pulled Tori away from Skype and messed about with fireworks while drinking down by the river.

Family seem happy to now have 5 cars in the household, despite there only being 4 of them in the country.

Heard some sad news from Mum to say that a friend of Beenz's brother died in a car accident on Unley Road - How awful!
Ya'll take care on the cars now, ya hear!

Right should either go do some study or just get an earlish night so I might be able to get to school in time for first period! 頑張りまーす!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home