Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bares repeating . . .

Of late I get the feeling that my lapse in posts due to being in China has meant that people have ceased to pay attention to me. I say, this shall not do! You are being educated people, educated! Do you fear to learn?! The world is in a sorry state . . . If I had my way I'd make it manditory to read my edifying prose but as I can't, let me just say that those of you who make the time to read my writing will be ahead of the times . . in a class of your own. Plus, it will make me feel loved and that's really what it's all about anyway.

I just had a message for the techonologically minded Andrew to say that he had finally installed asian language script onto his computer and that while it doesn't improve his ability to read the characters at least they are now visible! This made me think, if he, a man of electronic information age, has only just done this, there are many . . thousands, nay, possibly millions (do I kid myself of my grandeur and magnitude?) out there who have as yet also failed to do this most simple and essential of things!

For having done so, the world will be just as it should be . . . So, I shall repeat myself in the sphere of the greater blog (rather than just the comments section, for those of you not in with the in-crowd (read: nerdy) enough to bother with reading all of the back and forth banter that goes on in the world of comments (in the land of spare-oom) . . .
. . . . . if others out there are still just seeing lame little rectangles instead of 漢字 (kanji), then it's time to get a wriggle on before you become even uncooler than you already are! Just because you read my blog doesn't automatically make you a hipster but activating kanji will sure improve your kudos!
Now get to it!

I have Japanese readers clamouring to read my wonderful prose but still I write for the benefit of ye Australian monolinguistics who currently compose the bulk of my readership! 一方で、Soon you shan't see me for the boxes . . . or understand . . as the case may be!

チュー~


Now I ought to go and study before a little light proscrastination (Season Finale, people!) ~~ Mid term grammar test next Monday and a festival to be in on the weekend! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - the tragedy of popularity!

1 Comments:

Blogger Phili said...

I don't even see "lame little rectangles" I just see irritating questions marks ??????????? I have not been nerdy enough to work out how to install asian characters but Dan promises he will rectify the matter - IMMEDIATELY!!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home