Friday, March 31, 2006

ただいま

I have arrived safely back in Hiroshima despite fatigue am feeling pretty

Maki just came up with the most interesting pronunciation of 'fatigue'!! "'farrtigiuew' tte nani?" (What is . . ) Which just has me rolling in the aisles . . if there were any involved when sitting at kotatsu that is . . .

Anyway, back to the point . . .
. . feeling pretty happy to be back.
I chatted to some interesting people on the many planes that I caught.
Had some rather intersting vegan desserts.
Considered the potential hazard in handing out copious amounts of peanuts to people in confined spaces . . hasn't that been banded on many airlines ?
Decided to randomly hang out in Shin-Osaka station to wait for the extra specailly fast train that I had already paid to ride though it turned out catching an earlier cheaper one would have gotten me there faster . . . I am very happy I did this because I often forget to stop and just take stuff in when I am catching trains in Japan. The novelty of being able to trains within three minutes of entering a station still hasn't worn off and nor was it improved by my recent trip back to experience the atrociousness of A-towns public transport system. Anyway, I hung about, had onigiri for breakfast and hot yuzu drink and then ended up buying giant stuffed takoyaki. Who doesn't need a cute stuffed toy of an octopus batter ball hey ?? I'm thinking of you Samantha and was tempted to get a keyring one to accompany your takoyaki griddle . . thought better of it!
I got my Visa stuff sorted out as soon as I got back which was good and then I stuck it to the man by sneaking into Macdonalds and not buying anything but using the powerpoints that they have there for customers so that I could recharge my phone and make phone calls to tell everyone I was back.
Chijimi responded immediately and so we ended up going out for Okonomiyaki and now I have decided to go to China with him and Kuruma in May. This may seem foolish to those of you who have heard the stories about all of this but I figure I'm young and am likely to get many such offers to have guided tours of foreign countries!

I have spent today recovering from my trip at Maki's house hanging out and chatting with her. Now her parents are home and we're to have dinner soon . . AND then, tonight the third LOTR movie is showing on TV . . guess what I plan on doing ?? Ring New York is what!! Maki has been accepted by all of the Art Schools she applied to and has been able to choose her top choice!! How brilliant is that ?!! So she will be going to Parsons in NY from about June . . . might have to go there too now!! I am sure I will also get in some practise of my Jap by watching translated Tolkien mastery! A nerddom!

Maki and I are also going to make an Orange and Almond cake! I had a weird experience trying to buy oranges today because I couldn't tell what was an orange, mandarin or grapefruit . . I have now decided that the Japanese have a completely different concept of what is an orange by comparison to Australian standards!

Over and out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there el belle!
glad to hear you arrived safely and got all your visa sorted out with out any hassles or being deported back to oz! Currently at uni waiting for the boredom of waiting for incubations to cease so i can go home and eat- since have the skaes from only drinking coffee and had a major spending spree if it only did last 30min- so now figure must wait till home for much desired food!! all that matters is your happiness! hope you have fun with all your travel-buginess!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shakes

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home