Thursday, January 26, 2006

やった!!

Whoa! And just like that! All of my stressing about exams is done! I even managed to do pretty well in the listening test I'd say! While the first lesson grammar and vocabulary usage test is likely to simply result in a decent pass I really did quite well in the listening test - score! It didn't even involve any preparation . . That's the kind of test I need more of right now, given my capacity for study this semester!

Now I plan to get good and happily intoxicated tonight . . I've been needing some form of release all week and here it comes!!! Can't wait to have the last paper and presentations handed up . . . and then a much needed holiday! Hopefully involving some random travelling in 九州 (Kyuushuu) and then a struggle with my belongings to get them all back in baggages so that I can get everything back to Australia - something I'm looking forward to with relish! I thought it was bad enough on the way here! Ugghhh! Just the very thought . . .

NEWS FLASH!

I just used the word 'mate' (to Karl in Freedom-land) as a token effort to help celebrate Australia Day. Evan brought a footy to school and it was pretty funny to watch Lane struggling to use it properly as he kept wantnig to dicth it like in whatever it is thatr they play in the land of freedom. Then he kicked it up onto the sail cloth covering where the Dance club usually shake their booties all day long (do these kids ever study ? Methinks not) and they attempted to retrieve it with an extendable broom that then broke!

Then tomorrow night we're having another farewell party at Seminar House at school - I think it's mainly for the 6-month Korean kids . . Happy to see the backs of most of them . . Oh! How I shan't miss my favourite work-partner! We are apparently having a Tako-yaki (たこ焼き - tiny fried balls of octopus in batter) Party. Then Saturday is the Kaikan (where I live)'s festival type thingo and we're making mochi and lots of us are performing or making something (I think that Evan and I aer even going to work up a rendition of Waltzing Mathilda as everyone seems to recognise it as Australian). I plan on making some Anzac bickies to remind me of Jules but have also been roped into making チヂミ(chijimi) with one of the Chinese/Korean boys (It's not that I don't know but he's from China, yet with Korean parents (I think) so he speaks Chinese fluently and Korean to all extents and purposes . . to which he is now adding Japanese . . うらやましい!(urayamashii - jealous!)) Then on Sunday I have just signed up for some kind of 'let's run off to the snow and then see kagura and eat winter foods' that is being held by the International Centre. Maybe I will see Chihiro again . . lovely lass.

Well, the afternoon is cracking on . . I should go home or pretend to do some work before heading out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home