Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Only two more to go . . well . . .


尾道
Originally uploaded by Yukata Me.
Thought that it was time I put up another photo . . . I like this one of 尾道 (Onomichi). It's the Japan I know so well . . . the worn, jumbley place that has very little visual connection to that land of aesthetics that so many people envision. It's a giant conglomeration of massive new lego-like apartment buildings and ugly old constructions that look like they are being squeezed out of the little soil that they occupy, whilst they are coming apart at the seams and full to the brim with clutter. And then you have the random rusty ruins of old heavy industry, and castle like a stolen jewel in a magpie's nest.

I had my Linguistics exam and it seems like I allocated just enough time to study because, while I doubt I aced the thing by a long shot, I am sure I did fine . . . Now I just have to stay up all night in order to be able to struggle through the last of the exams tomorrow . . then I'm almost freeeee . . . I SHALL be partying tomorrow night regardless!!! The essay can wait til Friday or even the Saturday . . . I can't wait til this semester is done with - it's been super messy and I'll be glad to put it behind me and get out on holiday!

Maybe get to Nagasaki before the return journey home . . . it has been while! Will be weird to arrive home again.

RIGHT! Before this gets maudlin - Off to the books I go!


Glad to hear that Liesey-loo and Midge's parcels arrived safe and sound, and by the sounds of it they even arrived in extra speedy time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home