Sunday, March 05, 2006

Is it worth it ?

It's been a terribly up and down two days.
Friday I had an extremely timely visit from family friends who distracted me with their grandchild and picked me up from the floor . . . Maybe Sarah knows, is there a connection between porcelain and slate ? Because my allergy seemed to have progressed or at least transfered . . ha haa to me. Distractions are a wonderful wonderful thing.

Then the lovely Sarah and I went out on the town with inclinations towards catching the opening of the festival thingo . . It was a very Adelaide event with me seeing lots of people with whom I have been wanting to get in contact. Oh, speak of the devil! And there is Asher! Then another sighting sent me spiralling right down again . . . and I think I should ran under a No Porcelain slogan. So we ran across town to the Garden of Unearthly Delights and saw an amusing performance featuring a girl with a highly amusing laugh. We also ended up having a lovely and much needed talk session - aren't friends amazing?!

Oh and does laughing ever hurt this morning!! Hopefully throwing myself back into lots of pilates will mean the effects on the subsequent day will decrease.

Yesterday was certainly long . . and I've not long woken up from it all . . . Pips and Dan had there party partyness which was . . . ummm . . probably one of the hardest picnics I have endured. But I did have some lovely moments seeing Shelley, meeting the much talked about Chris Woodrow and seeing Alicia most enamoured of her new friend Holly. Eating watermelon in the warmth of late summer whilst lazying in the shade . . . having the cute young Basil having fun with my old phone - just like Yuu (my friend Ayumi's baby boy does) . . Lazying right til the end with Wiz and Aliese.

The night just kept on going on and on . . Aliese, Wiz and I had some fun on the Ferris Wheel and Carousel at The Garden . . good times were had by all. I found Jess Jess again - love that Lady! Then I also bumped into more friends and discovered more of the Adelaideness of life . . Of course Helen is the newest member of The Dollhouse! Only in Adelaide!

Then I had more fun talking to more people that I haven't seen in a long long time . . . But I'm still not sure whether coming back has been worth it . . . At least in Japan I can ignore and forget stuff - supress the pain in what I'm sure is an extremely healthy way of dealing with my problems. I'm also worried that perhaps it puts a lot of stress on others who are being pulled into my issues . . sorry kids!
Call out to a special Lady - thank you so much for all your support - you are sooo amazingly the best and I don't know what I'd do without you - take care Miss!

Also managed to see Ben Moss two times in two days - got to love that man, but I'm having trouible getting accustomed to the new hirsuit - I had become to used to the Mossness of old look! How things change! Is nothing sacred ?! I will hold you to that promise of the Persian Gardens, Ben Moss!

Best go and enjoy this Sunday arvo sunnyness . . I need some beach action ?!! Still haven't been yet! Who is up for it ?

5 Comments:

Blogger Phili said...

Hello Ellie! Even though there are hard bits about being in Ads I know it will be worth it... Tried calling you tonight but it appears you got your trip to the beach that you were hoping for. At least I was able to confirm that I do indeed have your correct mobile number :) Be in touch VERY soon!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

Hey Phili!
I was going to call you back yesterday in reply to your sms but it got late! Really REALLY looking forward to catching up with you!! I went 'sailing' last night but this mainly involved lazy with drinks and the compulsory F&C . . . I still am yet to link up with any swimming action - which really MUST happen before summer is entirely over.

Be in touch soon!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what white elephant? I can't see one.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ellie!

it is elysia here, jess' friend i ran into you at the fringe and such. oh adelaide and it's miraculous smallness. that little boy basil must be the very same who comes into chapel gesture with his mum and dad whose names i forget but who are all very lovely!
How much longer are you in adelaide for. My boy is just starting to learn japanese and is desperate to go live there one day i told him he should talk to you about it before you leeeeeave again. my email is elysiarenee@gmail.com
happy days to you doll!
xo

6:35 PM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

Yarrrhh . . whites elephants and that . . .

Hey elysia . . . Des is wanting to learn Jap hey ? I'm up talkie talks . . only time is now very short . . . one week from today!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home