Monday, May 29, 2006

Bare butts, toffee apples, massive blisters and a dead rat in the river

Many are the memories of the weekend . . Much fun was had but right now I feel like there is little energy left in me for anything other than trundling off to sleep even though it's only 6:30pm! I woke up at 5:30am on Saturday morning in order to be in Okayama by just after 9am and my throat was a bit sore . . . It only got worse throughout the weekend and by the time I got home on Sunday afternoon I was only fit for some quick photo downloading and sleep. I awoke again at 8pm with a pounding head a stack of revision remaining before I was vaguely prepared for my grammar test today.
In the end I took a lot of medicine tried my hardest but still didn't get much done before retiring to bed again. Condition unimproved by morning I decided to skip classes other than the exam . . . this proved to be a wise decision as my head hasn't stopped spinning but I did get some decent revision in and think I did reasonably well except for the kanji readings section which I just gave up for bad money - not enough time in one day for memorisation of upwards of 130 unusual and complicated kanji readings!!
So that's out of the way, I can head back to bed and then start thinking about Thursday's presentation!! Ahhhhh

PS Thanks to Judy who appeared in my dream and kept me entertained wandering around some surreal streets of Adelaide . . . Then I woke with a start thinking my exam had already started (as it was apparently already past 5pm) and I had missed it! It was only 6am but reality check - how was I ever going to get to a test in Hiroshima if I was Victoria Square, A-town, SA!
Ha haaaa!

Anyway, I think I am about to turn into a pumpkin with a headache so I'll to Fief~

3 Comments:

Blogger Joshiesmoov said...

Glad you found my banter amusing. What can I say? My inspiration was born of unmitigated boredom

3:01 AM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

Want to do some of my assignments for me ? I have just found out I have to read READ!! a whole WHOLE! book in Japanese and write an essay on it! And I have missed half of the classes - this one is going to be great I can tell!
Still feeling poory - I hate colds and not knowing the situation with my healh insurance -ie whether I can afford to go to the doctor . . .

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon El! Keep your bare bum out of the river and maybe you won't get so sick!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home