Saturday, January 07, 2006

Making 野菜饅頭 with 王さん

Friends certainly make all the difference in the world to one's happiness!
I must say that I wasn't expecting to find such a good friend in someone whose language I can't understand a word of! Thank goodness for third languages! O-san's pronunciation of 'bitch' is improving and I now remember 'f**k you' in Chinese, though I need to work on 'hello' (on the phone) - 'waaayyyy'

This is a photo of us on Christmas Eve having a quiet but fun one! We made vegetable dumplings . . heavenly!! I need another go though before I am sure of exactly what I am doing.

It was an up and down evening in some respects but all of the bits pertaining to Japan and my life here were ace!

And now it is the New Year . . I had a lovely time over the break but had school again yesterday and am now leading into crunch time of exams and assignment deadlines. The consequences of my inability to study in the month of December are looming but the situation is not greatly improved since then so wish me luck! The near week I spent away with Maki as a veritable vegetable was a good way to avoid issues for a while - or at least sleep and watch TV enough that I didn't have time to let my brain go mental on me. Returning to my room late Thursday night did not encourage me to work on my presentation for the next day . . simply to check my emails for the first time in a week and then spiral back down into the sadness and confusion of the pre-Christmas period.

Anyway, I plan to go out for a bit of a walk now . . it's already midday on this fine but coollld Saturday.

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday season!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with your exams!
if you need more procrastination, i finally got msn messenger..if you still use it..let me know what time is a good time for you ;)

'nisha warda noo-ren' (you're my girl - in chinese - at least i'm led to believe - everyone who speaks chinese that i've tried it on always laughs ;)

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home