Thursday, July 06, 2006

Warm and fuzzies . . . The Magical Map of Popularity . . .

It's quite ridiculous but I think I'm becoming obsessed with my Map of Popularity, as I choose to call it. But when I'm down it's certain to make one feel that tiny bit better . . .
Now, it may all be a complete sham but I choose to believe that I'm turning into a world-wide 芸能人(げいのうじん geinoujin - celebrity). Sometimes I really wish that I could through some unlikely chance of fate become a Japanese celebrity . . and yes, there are a number of foreigner celebrities on TV here - one in particular makes his bread by speaking intentionally weird and funny Japanese . . . another is a magician who speaks both Japanese and English when presenting, if you speak English then you're bound to be popular! . . American from the accent. Most celebrities just seem to end up doing the rounds of TV shows . . . quiz shows and cooking shows . . randomly eating and talking their way through life and presumably being paid handsomely for it. What a cushy life. As a rising intercontinental identity I think it's a about time I was recognised for my brilliance!

Today's unknown spots on the map . . .
This sure is one way to whet one's appetite for studying geography . . I only wish that the map provided location details . . .
The is a new red dot inland somewhere in upper NSW or lower Queensland . . see, I'm not even very good with Auslandian geography!

I noticed a new red dot in America the other day and there were already a number of unaccountables there anyway!

Somewhere in Hokkaido has popped up.

Did I mention India the other day ?

A number of new and unidentifiable locations in Europe . . is that another for Finland or just another country entirely ?

Is that Greece I see ?

And, who do I know in Darwin ? No one . . that I can bring to mind . . . YES! This is definitely FAME people!

Why is it that we only have one short life . . . SOOooooooo many places to be going and so many languages that I wish I could speak . . . so far I only have one and a half . . . and a few scattered bits and pieces about the place! What am I to do ?

Is looks as though I maybe succeed in persuading my skin and blister to come on over to Japan for some travelling action!! It'd be so ace, kiddies! There's always been a fairly obvious age barrier between the two of us, but as time has passed that has disappeared and various hardships that we've both endured in more recent times have served to bring us much closer together and now I'd say she's more like a friend than a sister. Rather excited at the prospect - no pressure or anything, Beenz!!

I know there were more 'Crazy Japan' anecdotes that I wished to recount but they escape me at the present . . . with in anticipation my avid readers . . or should I say 'fans' ?!!!

Picnic in park on Saturday . . will need to put up my teraterabozu to ward of the rain . . Have you been hearing about the landslides and torrential rains we have been having in Japan ? I don't remember hearing about it at all last year but this year I notice the strength of the river as I ride over the red bridge everyday. The other day . . Sunday, it must have been, when I rode out to Alpark (it took about an hour and I sure worked up a sweat in the heat of the day, but it was good to get out and about) the golf courses and driving ranges on the low-lying banks next to the river was mass of swampland.

Right, must get homework done so I can have the weekend off!

An early Happy Birthday shout out to Miss SareB to make up for the fact that her parcel is unlikely to arrive in time for her actual birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You Miss El! And a very happy Birthday to YOu for Saturday too!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home