Saturday, July 01, 2006

Hmmm . . . not much work done this hot rainy day

. . . just another rainy season day.
But oh so soon my time here will be up and then what shall I do ?

Yesterday Rina and I made Honey Crackles - funny that everyone in Australia has probably eaten them at any number of parties as kids yet they were a big sensation at a party with kids last night.
A funny anecdote from said party was being questioned by some Korean kids (whose Japanese was surprisingly hopeless)whether my husband was Japanese . . a little shocked I displayed my ringless lefthand . . Oh, but the baby??
I can't imagine finding a Japanese boy who'd suit me . . .
The baby? As you should know, that was Riyo! She's such a happy little thing.

Tonight we made a form of Baked Apples.

This new map thingo is having a rather interesting effect . . . I realise how attrocious my understanding of geography is as I wonder who on earth in what countries in Europe is reading my blog?!! Especially the further you go east . . hopeless when it comes to small European nations! Good thing we can just get away with calling it all the EU in the main now! Ha haa

Tomorrow I must find a present for my pater whose b'day it will be with the dawning of the 4th of July. He's a tricky one to buy for - too much in the house already if it's not useful don't want it attitude . . .
Kana and I are going shopping.

Need to send out messages about the picnic next weekend . . . Transitive and intransitive verbs . . pffft! Wonder what I shall do if it rains?

Only about two weeks before exams.
Then holidays. No travel plans yet . . . will be sad to see Alex go - she's proved to be a rock. Think I would have gone mad with out her - she is one special lady and I must find a present for her before she leaves.

More on books: I quite enjoyed The Horse and His Boy. Maybe knowing the story of the second book in the series detracted from my enjoyment but I thought this one was the best so far. Interesting to note similiarities with Tolkien and other authors. Isobelle Carmody is one that springs to mind amongst others - though I must say even if she borrowed some ideas I think she does them far more justice. Maybe I'm too old for these books now but I just think he's a bit pedantic at times and then the whole Christian creation thing. Especially in the latest book which so distinctly seems to contain a situation analoguous to the whole Christian/Islamic discriminatory divide.
By the way, if anyone has ideas on how to sleep when you can't I'd like to hear suggestions because I can't live on no sleep for much longer. While reading til I pass out at 4am is one way of passing the sleepless hours I need to find another option.
Speaking of which . . . maybe I go try lying down for an hour or so as preface to the sleep I hope shall come.
Should have a shower after the riding today but given how sticky it is you can't tell the difference between sweat and humidity.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

travel plans... totally come and visit me!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

In Helsinki ? I was thinking something within the country!!! Korea and China have kind of drained the funds! But I'll keep it mind lady!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellie. I was playing with flickr, and I found pictures of us with those ginormous wooden spoons at Miyajima. What's the Japanese word for the spoons? And what is their significance?

1:38 PM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

Ha haa . . I don't have a copies of those photos!

杓文字 Shamoji . . . a 'wooden rice paddle' . . . specifically used for scooping out and serving rice.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home