Wednesday, January 11, 2006

お正月の運動:山から広島が見える!

Update, to the minute . . . I am currently freaking out, though probably unnecessarily so, because I have heard about the bus accident in Egypt where 6 Australians were killed . . . Of course it's completely horrible and sad but what's got me really anxious is that my parents are in Egypt at the present and though I'm sure they weren't involved and were probably miles from the incident's location and I can't actually remember where Midge said they were when I spoke to them last . . .

Also, given that I've hardly had any sleep it's unsurprising that I'm making a mountain . . no hang on, the other way round! No, that was right . . . you get the picture . . .
I did a bit of a rush job to get an essay written by today though it's fine to not hand in til the 25th it seems . . That wasn't so much the problem as once I'd finished - not too shabby for a few hours effort even if it was in English - I couldn't sleep. I knew there would be trouble when the reflux started to kick in at 4am . . always a sign I've pushed too hard. I wanted to sleep - was tired enough to do so - but my poor brain was stuck in a terrifying rut considering (worrying over) the future . . . Evreything's so topsy turvy I don't know where I'm going anymore. Now I really should get back to working on my presentation for tomorrow! I've not really started much but am feeling pretty positive about it . . . Over New Years I started reading one of Maki's manga and found it much more satisfying than Nausica which is just too painful right now. I managed to read two books of the series without using my dictionary! Of course, now I'm working my way through them again with my little wizz-bang helper but I feel much more on top of things this time around!

This photo is one that I took when staying with Maki at New Years . . . There was a whole lot of eating and TV watching going down so I decided that I really just had to get out one afternoon and so I climbed the mountain behind her house. You could see out over to Miyajima, the island I often mention, but this view is back towards Hiroshima and if there was no mountains or trees in the far right you would be able to make out the area where I live. As it is you can make out the bay an city in the distance . . . soooo many houses.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

apparently all the people in the bus were from Victoria, Queensland and NT on a tour organised by the Egyptian Federation of Victoria.

here is a link to the news story on 9msn http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=80882

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i pressed post before i was finished! I hope this news helps you sleep easier..

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you're not still freaking out too much! Think did hear this morning 5 of the 6 were from vic. good luck with your presentation

9:59 AM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

All these Sarahs . . what to do with them all?!
Thanks to you both . . I made Wiz call my sister and she tried to get onto that hotline number and then we deiced that though their itinerary had been changed we were fairly sure they weren't in the area at that time!

Was up til 4am again . . more work to be done and then as usual of late, couldn't sleep . . . It suddenly struck me that the folks may have emailed at a crazy hour due to the Egypt time whatever those crazy kids call it . . Yay! They are fine and Dad also seems to have recovered a bit and is enjoying it more(hang over from chemo)

5:32 PM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

BTW I love the fact that you call yourself Sareb because that's what I call you . . I rule Japan . . well, in this case I could even claim the world perhaps!!! Mwaah hhaaa haaa . . . gee . . I need sleep . . Last day of school tomorrow and then it's examsssss ahhhhhhhhhhhh

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home