Saturday, December 03, 2005

And so the non-stop party weekend continues . .


With Maki at Miyajima
Originally uploaded by Yukata Me.
宮島

This is Maki when we found what seemed to be 'the' tree on Miyajima. I have never seen anything quite so naturally red in my life . . well, that would be excluding a lot of native Australian flora, but I am talking about things that start life one colour and alter radically in their brief existence. The people crowding the background are fairly indicative of the throngs of people we encountered on our amble through Momijidani (Maple Leaf Valley).

Last night I bumped into Maki at school after Alex's and my English class. It was a good class - we spent a goodly deal of time with me discussing different colloquial expressions and proverbs . . Speak of the devil . . .
It seemed to go down pretty well with the finding it an interesting topic, one I'm sure that isn't taught much in standard classes . . I found it really interesting to learn that there are some expressions which occur in almost the same form in both languages . . and even when they are not the same it's pretty cool to know there is a proverb with similar meaning - though instead of being about chickens it is about that ubiquitous of Japanese characters - the tanuki!

I may have said it already but I'll say it again! Yey! I am going to be spending New Years with Maki and her family and am really looking forward to it . .

Apparently it's supposed to get down to 0 degrees here tonight - it's cold but didn't feel that cold earlier on. Evan tells me there is even rumour of snow for next week! I just may get that white Christmas after all!

1:02 am - hmmm - study time ?

Now it's 1:06 am and the internet is being a crazy bugger.

Oh - Sasha - if you happen to read this - I think the ether has cursed our communique

Apparently they have resumed charges for the internet here, whereas it's been free for the past few months - sure, just 1500yen is not much for a motnh of unlimited internet usage, but the past week it has been rather atrocious in the connections stakes . . . Thus resulting in me being upable to post this last night (well, really early this morning . . actually, make that yesterday now . .). So here it is now.

It's a been a week of late nights and early mornings - I am looking forward to a lazy weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home