Thursday, November 10, 2005

明け方 (akegata - dawn)


明け方
Originally uploaded by Yukata Me.
Last night I crawled into bed around 7:30pm, no presentation written and that was it! Despite having intermittant disjointed dreams I didn't wake til 10 to 6 and as I didn't doze off again for over half an hour I got to see the dawn for the first time in a long time! Inspite of my dizzy head I felt compelled to do something with the moment other than down more cold syrup so I took this photo whilst lying in bed. It doesn't really capture the spreading orange and blue glow, or the remaining lights blinking on city buildings but still, it's a record vaguely indicative of what I can see every morning - or what I would see should I not have stayed up excessively late and thus actually be awake at this time of morning.

In the end this morning I decided that, given my head was having difficulty concentrating whilst I was lying down and my eyes are so hurty that they constantly close to springing to tears, I could afford to stay home. So, I hear you ask 'what am I doing out of bed ?' To which I reply 'the world waits for no woman, no matter how sick' and the thesis proposal is still due monday, along with my incomplete presentation tomorrow. However, no-one has seen fit to respond to any of my emails to date and thus I am waiting a little bit longer before heading back to bed! The intermanet is ever the perfect procrastination tool!
Hopefully, I'll recover somewhat by the afternoon or I may as well stay sick for tomorrow! What a chore illness is . . . I really hope I haven't given this to Alex too!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey miss!

Is there anything in the news over there about the very sad death of the drummer from Shonen Knife? They are such a great band and it's very sad news, apparently she was touring with her other band in the U.S.

Hope you're feeling better!

xo lsd

8:15 AM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

I haven't heard news of anything at all . . "Australia could have been invaded by martians for all I know . . "
I take it you have not ?

Yet another day off school for me today!
If I go tomorrow that will make a grand total of 50% for two weeks!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ello!

I've heard a bit about it this morning on Andrew Bunney and Susy Ramone's morning show on 3D, but Shonen Knife are a Japanese band so wondering whether there was a home-town take on it all. How sad!

It's the oddest weather in the world. It rains, then in pours, then it's sunny, then it's windy. Matt Flinders' bust is getting soggy.

xo lsd

12:57 PM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

They have a rocking name, but I can't say that I know there music unless it is incidental. But it's always sad when someone dies . . what happened ? I really don't keep abrest of what's going down here too much . . . Should really, but always seem to busy!

Just had really yummy dinner - first time out in days so we celebrated with okonomiyaki - I had mochi in mine and it was ace! I encourage you all to try it if you get a chance!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.shonenknife.com/mainpage.html

5:33 PM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

Thank you Sir Anonymouse!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home