Monday, November 07, 2005

How autumnal of us?!


How autumnal of us?!
Originally uploaded by Yukata Me.
This looks like the archetypal autumn scene . . . we have wood fire, red leaves, grey sky with rain threatening, Alex all rugged up with scarf . . though I'm not sure how I managed to capture her right at the moment when she looked most asleep at 12noon!

Despite yesterday's weather being perfect, though slighty on the cool side, today when we had a long-awaited picnic it refused to stop raining!

Our Yaki-niku BBQ was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed chatting to our teacher and his wife who is currently back in the country from England, but who used to techer here too. They know a lot about the area, having been here since 1987, and it was good to hear about their experiences.

The lunch was yummy, as Yaki-niku tends to be . . pity about it costing 3000 yen just so I could eat vegetables - I could have bought sooo many vegetables for that much money. C'est la vie!

But to make up for that, when I went to check out a pottery exhibition on in one of the buildings there, the people were packing up their work and they got all excited and three of them came over with 'presents! presents!' - Ahh! reverse-discrimnation! I now have two nicely made sake cups and a sleek tea cup! Score!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home