Sunday, October 09, 2005

There's no art . . .

I have learned many things from many people but there are always a few whose place will never be taken . . .
I miss you all.

This post is for one of the most influential people in my life.
It has become increasingly to clear to me what they mean as I have travelled and lived so far from home.

It's funny the things that drift up so strangely and randomly from the depths of your mind when you loose that daily input that has made up your life for so long . . .

Thus my travels around Japan will somehow always be inextricably link with this song . . . though perhaps with some of the verses remembered in my own idiosyncratic way.

The lights in the harbor,
Don't shine for me.
I'm like a lost ship,
Adrift on the sea.

Sea of heartbreak, lost love an' loneliness;
Memories of your caress, so divine.
I wish you were mine again, my dear.
I am on this sea of tears:
Sea of heartbreak.

How did I lose you?
Oh, where did I fail?
Why did you leave me,
Always to sail?

This sea of heartbreak, lost love an' loneliness;
Memories of your caress, so divine.
How I wish you were mine again, my dear.
I am on this sea of tears:
Sea of heartbreak.

Oh, what I'd give to sail back to shore;
Back to your arms once more.

Oh, come to my rescue;
Come here to me.
Take me and keep me,
Away from the sea.

Yes, this sea of heartbreak, lost love an' loneliness;
Memories of your caress, so divine.
How I wish you were mine again, my dear.
I'm on this sea of tears:
Sea of heartbreak.

It's a sea of heartbreak.

Now I'm going to be late!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! that's such a sad song. why don't you remember the hoola ha song instead, that's more happy. now i'm reminding myself of barney the dinosaur. :)

nice sword photo! very kill bill.

xo a

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! It is very sad indeed, but beautiful all the same. Great to hear and see of your adventures... your classes sound quite challenging! You must understand fewer of the words spoken in them than I do in mine! We have exams coming up in a few weeks... I hope I have studied enough this semester (I've been seeing how much fun I can have outside of uni and still pass and understand what I need to). Hope you are well Ellie! Love Cathy in Canberra

10:39 AM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

It's really not all so sad as that . . . if you heard the bopping country rollick of it you'd know why it's stuck with me so long with such a positive . . . umm - I can only think of Japanese words to describe what I mean - I must be going nuts . . . 気持ちいい (literally 'good feeling' but with much more nuance than that)

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home