Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Procrastination ?? Me ?? Never!! It's dedication to my posting!

Apologies to Josh for what is clearly a lack of one of the highlights of his week - being one of the few to comment in my ether silence.

Also, it's probably a good thing you didn't look at my blog Sal! There's nothing here to be seen.

Kana arrived in Adelaide last Sunday. It's been a busy week plus. I wasn't terrbly well prepared to receive her what with one thing and another - work and the like. How is it that I never seem to have time for all the things I need and want to do ? I feel like I run myself ragged just trying to do the bare minimum!! Then I get told off for not looking after myself and not being able to relax. It got so bad last week that I had to cancel pilates because I'd been so tired when I'd gone that I almost fell asleep three times and just felt exhausted and grumpy.
But it's been great to give my linguistic brains a workout.
It's been wonderfully timed too.
I have my interview for a Coordinator of International Relations position with JET this Friday.
Maybe that's why I'm posting.
I'm terrified!!
This interview really requires so much of you! You have to be able to conduct an interview in Japanese and as part of this you are required to read a passage in Japanese on a current political/news event relating to Japan and whilst managing to read the characters and all correctly you must also be able to then comprehend the thing and answer questions about it from the interview panel. Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I'd be freaking out about it even if it wasn't in a language another than my native one!!!
I should be swotting.

My work hours are cutting down now as I prepare to go back to Uni - good in terms of having time for doing fun stuff but not so good when it comes to being able to afford to do the aforementioned fun stuff.

Beenz is back from visiting her Falls Boy this arvo.

The new frames I might buy have just come into the store (optometry not picture wise) and as it turns out I was given the wrong contact prescription so maybe my eye situation will improve in near future!!
Geet was also hugely helpful in the goggle hunt.

What else has/is happening???

I caught up with a few more old friends recently as well as a spate of making new ones - it's been a crazy month or so.
Hope to see Kate sometime soon for coffee - just have to find time - will probably have to wait til this interview is out of the way - a few drinks or 4 on Friday night.
Mad and Josh I will hope to see again in Kingston when on my way back to A-town early in March - Going to the Mt for an insanely big Harris Clan do for Nan's 90th.
Beenz is not impressed she is expected to spend her birthday driving home.

I caught up with Geet for brief chat on Friday and then had a long one of coffee at Lucia's with Steph - the lovely Matt then tried to feed me Death and Cheese . . the limey eggplant was great!

We've got Lawn Bowls again tomorrow night.
We put together a hotch-potch team last week so capably lead by Wiz (less so by me) hoping to mix it up again a bit for this week.

On Sunday night a crew of us headed to the Capri to enjoy their amazing new chairs but I'm not sure we could say the same of the movie - Notes on a Scandal. Bloody dark.
Was very lucky I had a hand to hold and felt sorry for Kana who had to be struggling with some of the more florid language.

The bike is still going beautifully but I've been a bit tired lately and the wind strong.

Kana and I rode into town on Saturday night to see a bit of the Symphony Under The Stars.

I managed to make it to Henley twice in two days.
The first involved the cliche of F&C as we were chilled by the sea breeze and the second, a hoon down on a motorbike with chais and a walk on the foreshore to follow. Picture perfect stuff.

Wellll . . . .
That's a post and a job application done.
Maybe it's time for a shower . . . what else needs doing ??

Agghhhh!! Tomorrow is the 14th and I've yet to complete my Farewell-that-became-a-Valentine-present for my Lady Jess Jess!!!
Oh dear!

And the sheets must come in off the line before Beenz gets home to her unmade bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home