Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hope this won't be our last date . . . (It's late!)

For the first time tears looked like flowing.
Neither of us could really believe that this would be the last, maybe the last time . . . I don't knowwwwww . . oh no! But to recall myself from The Stones, despite feeling a little seedy and tired we had a good day and I managed to refrain for too many purchases that will send me rocketing about with fear at the prospect of further packing and repacking.

$55 for one kilo of excess baggage ? My god?! Will they take an arm instead ?

Whilst Kana is the most likely of my friends to be coming my way anytime soon it's hard to imagine the fact that I won't be seeing her most days of the week anymore. So today we had our last shopping/lunching outing together for what is sure to be at least 6 months. 6 months. Funny to think of where I was 6 months ago. Many things are the same and many are different. And one of the great and different things is the number of really wonderful friendships that I have had the chance to deepen in this past half year. Kana wrote me a beautiful little note sealed up in a tiny bottle . . . a lovely line of which was . . .
エリーはオーストラリアに帰ってしまうけどエリーのふるさとは広島でもあるよ。
Ellie's returning to Australia but Ellie, your home is also in Hiroshima.


And she's right. It's been a life altering time and I won't forget it or the wonderful people who have made it so. I will miss them dreadfully and hope that we will have the chance to meet again soon.
I DEMAND they all come and visit me in Auslandia ASAP! Just in case I have trouble getting back to Japan soon myself!

Another early day tomorrow- going to a kindy and then will take Rene in to see the Peace park and museums. Must also catch up with Nami and Marie to hand over various items.

Counting on one hand.

Beenz was devastated about the Crows. How disappointing!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm liking the phrase Counting on one hand.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home