Tuesday, September 19, 2006

適当な旅行する方の再開

And so recommences the saga of me and spur of the moment travels.

My cold meant that I wasn't really on the ball despite being up early AGAIN!
But we got out of the house by about 11am and then we got into town to replenish funds (which helped morale) and made it to the port with an hour to spare for lunch before the ferry departed. With improving health Beenz's appetite has returned somewhat but now she has a thing against Japanese food when not prepared by Kumi, it would seem and she requested Indian Curry. It wasn't too bad but the Nann tasted like cupcake!
Then for dinner yet again she had McDonalds! Dear me!

We couldn't find a supermarket so I ended up with tofu, mandarines and cups of tea.

Ahh! Why am I still awake .....

The ferry trip was truely beautiful . . . such a small boat really but you're never out of sight of the many scattered lush green islands and the waves were almost perfectly calm. So peaceful and I felt that I could have been anywhere in the world as I listened to Split Enz and other assorted stuff that brings up those nostalgic feelings.

We got into Matsuyama with minimal fuss and whilst on the train we made a snap decision to skip the information centre and just ring ahead to the Youth Hostel - vacancy - no problems! We then wandered about for a few hours in the centre arcades of the town and the like. Then a weary blistered-feet Beenz requested a tram. When we tramped up the hill and into our room we saw from a distance the giant candy wheel Ferris Wheel that was sitting atop the department store we had first entered . . . had no idea!!

Really really am going to bed now!
Will look forward to Onsen hopping . . . Sweeeet felicity.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude... Were the islands you're talking about just south of Hiroshima? If so, I sailed through there myself at the start of the year on the way to China. Simply magic. Bring on the Flickr set my dear.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

Hey!! Really?? Any suggestions? I've no real idea what I'm up to but we'd like to get out of Matsuyama . . . Where did you go?

Must update Flickr soon - have been rather slack!
The weather today is perfect! Maybe we can get to the beach . . .

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home