Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A hellish month

I suppose if I'd studied like mad all semester things would be easier now but even so I think, yet again, I just bit off more than I could chew. For those who've managed to catch a glimour of me or 2 minutes of my time, it's been great to see you but really, when catch-ups consist of mutual walks/dashes to the other side of the city you know things have gone slightly pear shaped.

The only reason I'm feeling it's okay to break from study with blogging is because I have had a few comments lately about the lack of posts and I've got a migraine - just woke up with the beginnings of one when I really needed to be feeling okay enough to get ready and rush off to a photo shoot. Lack of cars had me paranoidly making my way, half-blind, to the cafe by bike, buffeted by the strong winds of late. Almost stacked it once - I've been really nervy since I randomly heard at the bike shop that Geet got taken out by a car last week and ended up in Flinders - have yet to have time to go see her but she's not in a good way. I suppose it's just likely it wasn't worse and I'm not down a friend.

Study is, as always, stimulating, but I'm getting to the point of over-stimulation and just want a holiday!
Had a tute presentation yesterday and a full day of classes so for once I decided to give myself a break and had the evening off. It was well worth it - we went to Wah Hing, all slightly sodden from our various rides across town in the early evening showers and then spent the rest of the night lounging, chatting and in the fine company of Haighs dark chocolate peppermint frogs. Come to think of it, some of the nicest moments in this past month have been when I've managed to take some time out of study stress-land and spend quality time various of my peeps - was great to shop with Sair lately; spend a pre-Eurovision hour or so with Pippa debriefing; having dinner with Wiz and J; waffling with Nicholas & Kate; lounging with J; catching up with Phili, Sal and Alice on occasions; early Sunday morning mochas with Jess, Amber and J; fun and mild inebriation at house of aforementioned crew; dairy and gluten-free chocolate muffins with a pre-David Michele and Ange; carrying on and chatting away with Beenz.

Only one tute paper and 4 major essays away from study freedom . . in the next 3 weeks - how terrifying!! And the question most on my mind presently is, that now I'm most likely not to be heading to Japan again anytime soon or to Canberra, do I do one more semester at Uni or do I just quit now while I'm ahead ?? And then what ????????????

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was this photo shoot for? You're secretly posing to be a calendar girl aren't you!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home