Sunday, April 15, 2007

A restful busy weekend

I find I'm not sleeping very well at the moment.
Things have been messed up since my crazy essay writing stint.
Last night I recall waking up partway through the night, having imperceptibly drifted off, and asking what is was we'd been doing - looking at photos ? .... weird.
I was pretty tired after the day's sailing - slacker! And had to pike early during karaoke and go home before the room got any more spinny than it was.

We had a lovely time sailing with the fantastic Mikeyg and Wizard . . . I got to change the backstays and even steer until the boys got fed up and wanted a go themselves. I was wayyyy great. With a little trickery we even managed to get all the way to Hallet Cove for a late lunch. It probably rates as the most saily sailing trip I've been on so far . . . Last time was just great for the laughs it provided with Beenz.

It was nice to finally get to the end on my busy busy week and meet Brenda (Mr James' sister)and get a chance to hang out with her. She's uber lovely and fun and we share similar allergies which makes life unusual - people with crazy dietary requirements finally in the majority! - almost! On friday we went to the markets for dinner and I had a great Tom Yum noodle soup which proved popular all round. Then we popped out to the Wheaty to hear Running with Horses and Little Ice Age. I also got to give Sair my present to her for her b'day (She's such a cradle snatcher! \(o-<)/) It took a fair bit of running around and a lot of fiddling but I'm glad that she seemed to like it and that many a giggle was had at piccy of Aidan and her cross dressing night at Karenski's exs party.

Brenda all rugged up as it got a bit chilly in the wind . . .


Kara, Sair and Megan are an annoyingly yuppy coffee place I'm sure we all know on Gouger before we made our way next for karaoke of the dodgey Adelaide variety. All topping off a great start to the night at Wah Hing with a beautiful meal and lots of chatty chatting.

But Kara has me terrified about the upcoming/current workload for the course we're both taking. I'm really staring to freak out about how I've bitten off more than I can chew this term in an effort to finish up in the first semester but also do lots of interesting and beneficial classes.

Ohhhhh dear . . . It'll be nothing but study from here until the end of June for me!!

Shoot me now.


Work today was dumb - really really slow all morning and afternoon until about 4pmish when everyone came in to make sure I couldn't possibly get out on time.

But then Mr J and I made a city . . . spazville (yes, all lower case!) Powered entirely by wind!
We have a lot of power problems - but just wait til we get our solar energy plant going!

Tomorrow is the first day WRITE oN! at the Unley Library - fingers crossed!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home