Wednesday, April 04, 2007

ouch!

Yesterday afternoon Pulteney St struck again!

With very few exceptions, bad things (of the physical kind), me and bikes only ever come together on Pulteney.
I went flying over my handlebars and have a ridiculous number of massive bruises and a few bloody scrapes to prove it. It was also pointed out to me that my major concern at the time was not myself but my bike. Well, as it should be! And Oh My!! it is a sorry state. It was still rideable and I'm sure it only adds character and will mean that it will be much less of a target of theft, but still - my pristine bike! I'm not sure whether getting the crossbar fixed is something I should worry about straight away or whether, in fact, it doesn't just make me look super speedy and racer now that it's bent at an even more acute angle.
At least it still goes! So I winced my way home and spent the better part of the evening with an ice pack between my legs.

***
On another completely different note.....
If anyone has any interest in writing or being 'a writer' in the future when we all grow up, I'm involved with the Unley Council organising a writers workshop week at the library for Youth Week and YOU should come along! It's all free, anyone of any age from anywhere is welcome and we've got a good line-up of local writers so I encourage you all to get out during the fine autumn holidays that the Uni kids are all to be enjoying and lap up the writerly vibe.
Pippa, Joel, Sophie, Anna, Owen . . . I'm looking at you, my pretty Unleyites~~!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home