Thursday, October 19, 2006

the silver lining

I'm exhausted. For what reason ??
I hate the way that days run away from me when I have so little focus and connection to outer forces.
I'm time rich but it feels so inefficient.

There are so many niggling little upsets; sadnesses; tensions going on and it's depressing.

I still have no job.

But I'm a lady of leisure.
With a Real Proper Girlfriend, as I tried to post about the other night and then managed to delete. And asides from this wonder who is making life a ball, I'm managing to finally come out of my cocoon and see people again.

So the positives as I see them are . . .
. . . the weather . . . which continues to be on that lovely cusp of crisp and sun shiny.
. . . the enjoyable company of friends in social settings.
We had a simple night of pleasure at a quiz night at the Gov tonight. It was an intimate group of knowledgeable lads and lasses (I decided my lack of useful contribution was due to my "having a life" and not being a nerd . . . and maybe being out of the country has had an impact . . . who ARE all these wolves ?? No, I don't feel like dancing, no dancing today - how sad would Leo Sayer be to hear that now, hey? I thought the lack of a general knowledge section was a complete travesty!)
We didn't triumph but we did respectably and various members of our table did very well out of the silent and 'loud' auctions. And many wedges and gummi bears all the way from Germany were devoured with relish (but not literally because I don't think that jubes and tomato sauce would taste all that nice together).

Randomly . . . anyone want to go see a movie with me ? I can dangle the lure of free entry in your faces . . . . . and my pleasant company shall be provided free of charge also.
Not something to sniff at! They'll fork out top dollar for it in J-land! (~>~<")~

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you throw in a free plane tickets I'm in ! Em

6:23 AM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

wish i had the money for such an offer . . but even if i did i think you'd find me on your doorstep rather than the other way round, lady!
will call you for a catch again soon!

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home