Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wanted: a ride . . .


Shikoku Sunset
Originally uploaded by
絵理.
Tonight I didn't see the sunset.
Yet again I was busy planning for the future.
Then when the session was done I almost went for a bike ride. The night was so nice - compared to Saturday night when I rode home without enough warm clothing at 4am~! Ugh! Remind me not to do that again in a hurry. But I did get a chance to exchange pleasantries with another half-frozen young cycling enthusiast - ahhh bonding.
BUT I didn't - somehow my wheels started off pointing west but something took ahold and I found myself on the usual deviations through the south-western corner of the city.
It was sooooo frustrating. I wanted to go but somehow the stars weren't aligned for it. Perhaps Misty just knows she's not up for that kind of jaunt anymore.
I need a new bike, better lights and a helmet that fits.
How fortuitous that I bumped into Geets at the market on Saturday afternoon. It was a brief but heart-felt reunion; mobile numbers were confirmed and hopefully soon all will be aright in the cycling world because I will have a nice new ride.
And thus will ensue the glory days of cycling - night rides! I took a great liking to them in Japan and wish to continue them.
The streets are safer - well, there are still nutcases out there who like to play tough-guy hoonies but there are less cars getting in my way and there is much less risk of sunburn!
All round it rules.

So who's going to be up for some cycling goodness?

(PS thanks to the kindly person who loaned me a helmet when I forgot in my busyness and Japonized state that it's illegal not to wear one here - it stood the test well and I survived another day on the roads! Imagine my surprise when I glanced at my helmet-less shadow on Pirie St and thought "I could be dead from brain injuries already! Where on earth is my helmet??")

Loving being back into pilates!!
Another one of the great things that A-town has to offer!

Beenz or I took this shot in Matsuyama one night as we climbed the hill up to the shrine on our way back to the youth hostel (highly recommend - rather unusual place but the sauna rocked as did the free internet access)
It looked rather more impressive in the flesh but this wasn't a bad attempt at capturing the view.

I give this day of semi-frustration away to the ether . . .
May there be many more sunsets like this and time in which to enjoy them with lovely people.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ellie, what's up? ;) Love some of your photos - awesome shots! Are you around in Adelaide for Christmas?

Alice.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home