Friday, September 01, 2006

Why ?


良子、8月6日
Originally uploaded by
絵理.
Why are friends friends ? Why do we click with some and not others ? Why are there some people we can't do without ?

I have so many photos of Ryoko with a plate of food in front of her . . . When I look at my photos I realise that we are dinner date friends. Last night when we were out her phone rang, and correctly assuming it would her long-distance relationship boyfriend who presently resides in Osaka, I kept hissing at her to say she was out on a date . . with a hot boy etc . . . .
Who knows quite why we became friends but she is one of those people who (in both A-town, Auslandia in general and Japan) have kept me going in the hard times. How many people will make room for you in their bed and stroke your hair as your cry your heart out until you fall asleep??
After the camp that I'd been on I was in a weird pattern of English and Japanese because another foreign girl, a German, was there and though she doesn't speak Japanese her English was brilliant, so I was her translator with some other Japanese girls as well as just having a nice time chatting away with her. I found myself interjecting in the opposite language to which I was mainly using, whichever it happened to be at that time. Those little things like 'yeah', 'uh-huh' and the like were all done in the opposite language . . . it got rather muddled . . .
I'm still recovering but also had a lot of turmultuous thoughts rushing through my head last night . . . travel plans going awry . . . no time for packing and seeing people anymore . . . the fears that surround returning to Auslandia. So it was great to have the listening ear of Ryoko . . . like with Maki we can have these crazy conversations jumping about like frogs from one language to another . . . or funny half and half conversations . . . where I'll conjugate a Japanese verb in English or one of us will be using English and the other responding in Japanese. It's fun and useful when discussing those slightly inappropriate for a restaurant themes.
I'm going to miss so many people and am constantly demanding when people are coming to visit me . . . so far I haven't managed any concrete plans but two suggestions that we do Auslandia and NZ together! So watch out Shelley!! A Japanese frenzy might be headed your way sometime in the not-too-distant future!!!

It's Friday . . one of my last days for doing things but I'm moving slowly and working on communications . . . letters ought not really to be on the top of my list of things to do but my social links all seem a little in uproar of late and thus are demanding special attention. Should phone some hotels . . . but I'm just not a phone person!! Need a cattle prod for myself.

Further to friendship and the camp . . . on the first night we slept in tents and did the whole stay up late and talk about stuff in a very high schooly girl fashion. So much fun to return to that kind of thing - where did sleepovers go ?!!! A girl Yuko who was the group of people with whom I went to the beach a while back was there and we ended up becoming really good friends - just when I have to be leaving! We had some amusing late night conversations - discovering some interesting cross-facts that enlightened her understanding of a drinking binge by some kaikan kids one night a while back - It was you!! She cried with sudden delight as light dawned. It gives one that delicious feeling of promise in life to stay up late gossiping. Unfortunate when you awake at 6am the morning and realise you won't have time to reclaim that sleep time you whiled away on our pasttimes! But a good few days!!
Just need more time in my life!! Maki has started me on MIXI - which is all the rage with J-kids. It is good to be involved in now but I just don't have the time for this blog, MIXI and replying to emails as well as maintaing a life about which to write!!

That's your blooming lot for today! Blood and Bone ~ Aieeee (Imagine you are wearing a pirate eye patch when you say that . . and that you're also pruning roses at the same time . . . . just for kicks!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home