Thursday, August 24, 2006

First Mt Fuji, then the world


Maki
Originally uploaded by 絵理.
I'm exhausted after an emotionally stressful afternoon and evening. A whole lot of things came to a head and I forgot an engagement I had made in a rush to meet up with Maki for the last time before she returns to stinky New York and return to the A-town 'burbs for an unspecified period of time.
This is a photo that I took of her last week at karaoke - I thought it was a good but apparently she was of a different opinion.
Slept on the couch last night when we finally got off to bed at 3am. I was in the curve and the end chair kept sliding away all night so I had an interesting time of it. For some reason my calves are all sore and so I'm getting jittery about tomorrow. I should have left the house already to return home and then rush into town to do errands but it's hard to work up the gumption to leave the cool of the house to navigate my way down the hill to the train station - no umbrella either - will have to lather on the sunscreen.

We had another long talk over breakfast about the perils of student exchange and how it can really jeopardise certain things in life that you might previously have taken for granted.
It's been so nice to have this last chance to hang out together and indulge in the wonderful traditional cuisine of Maki's Mum. She really is an ace in the kitchen . . . さすが、(Alex!) she used to be a cooking teacher or something and is rather the perfect traditional Japanese homemaker. Such a lovely lady - like my Japanese Mum. If Kumi is my Japanese big sister!

Will report back once I get home from Fuji . . . should have lots of good shots if only I had more flickr capacity!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very busy today so I can't make an informed post. I like to think "Mt Kosciosco and then the world."

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home