Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I somehow had no idea this much time had passed since my last post. It's evidentally Wednesday - ah! I see, I still have today left to while away . . I've had Tuesday and it's just gone Wednesday - that's a bit of a relief. Thursday I go to climb Mt Fuji. But has just taken me a while to dredge up what it is that I have been up to . . . . Last week was busy busy.
Monday - beach with Keinan, et al.
Tuesday - raced home, bought watermelon and dashed off on my bike to meet Risa. Went to Sandankyo.
Wednesday - Rina and I spent most of the day hanging around together in Soleil - saw Gedo Senki. Purikura and yet another shirt - but a reasonable purchase because it will shield me from the harmful UV rays . . . any excuse!
Thursday - After a surprise phone call, spent the day with Maki who had returned unexpectedly from NY.
Friday - Caught up with Kyoko after an age of not seeing each other at all! We used to see each other most weeks before I returned to Auslandia in March but since then we haven't seen each once! We had a nice time though, unfortunately we ended up shopping which is no good for my packing efforts!!
Saturday I did organisational stuff and then spent the afternoon with Osan doing cooking stuff - She wanted me to make Lasagna and I wanted her to teach me how to make Manju. I thought it was amusing given I can't eat lasgna for a number of reasons and thus haved made the stuff for almost ten years. The white sauce sure was a battle! Then family friends turned up for a bit of a dinner party and we all stayed up into the wee small hours - You wouldn't expect it of young families - well, I don't. But then kids just pass out one by one and we keep on keeping on.
Sunday - Osan stayed over Saturday night and we had a leisurely family morning before hitting the road to Iwakuni for the afternoon. There was much splashing in the rather muddy river by the kintaikyo - see some of the very first photos on this blog/my flickr site. Then we trekked further into the mountains and had dinner in some mountain enclosed out-door restaurant site. It was a long trip home and Kumi and I nursed the girls whilst Kumi counselled me on certain troubling issues of late and we discussed various cultural differences between Australia, Japan and China amongst other things.
Monday - Caught the train a station away to meet Marie. Rented a few Japanese videos and bought ingredients for lunch. Made said lunch and watched said videos and have thoroughly enjoyable and edifying time. I learnt all about different kinds of traditional Japanese ghosts and the like. Had dinner with Marie's family and then got home in time to cook dinner for my own. Made a white sauce based chicken and vegetable pie that Osan had meant to make on Saturday. Went down a treat and then I tried making a kind of lactose-free trifle. It was a mild success and reminded me of why I have given up cooking in the main.

And today . . . ughh! It was one of those days when my life seems to be being sapped away. Right when I was going to go out and do errands it poured down so I changed my plans and did more home jobs. But when I don't get out of the house for a bit in the day I always end up feeling as though I've accomplished nothing! And I HATE that feeling.
But I have made some progress on travel plans - and even almost finalised some bookings for September.
Completed some parcels and CDs and the like . . . .
Heard my Nan struggling to come to grips with the idea that I could hear her even though she was talking at the computer - pity that my mic is still playing up and she couldn't hear me!! Scary how people can start to age really quickly. Will be glad to get to see her soon.

Uhh! SO hot that I almost need another shower before bed . . there's sweat on the backs of my hands?!???
This week Fuji. Home. Beach again with Keinan probably. Onsen with Kyoko.
Must find time to see Ryoko.
Group trip to neighbouring island, Etajima.
THEN it's September. Seeing some 'chorus line' performance with Kumi. Ara and I will go to Osaka and Kyoto.
Then Beenz arrives on the 11th!! Plans very much coming together on that front.

But then kind of dreading the end of September and all that it will involve.
Should get to bed - meant to have an early night but not after sudden drive of energy regarding travel accommodation and dish washing.

Goodnight ether.

PS To Sarah - thank you for your email - big warm fuzzies! o(>o<)o

Ahh! Still some many photos that need uploading!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I had a homer simpson moment at Pippa's blog where someone says, "You're as handsome as you are ugly," and he says "Hey! oh, you meant it as a compliment." So I hope I do have sense, but it's good to hear it anyway! Your blog is also a goldmine of blogging activity, but I've missed it for a long time too. How do the beaches there compare to here - & are there really *square* watermelons? How's your President, Richard Gere?

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that should be smart as you are handsome, doesn't really make sense otherwise.

At soccer on Sunday you missed a spectacular header by Wizard that just missed the goal. Sunday soccer has become a real institution. Sorry if it's been mentioned in recent posts (more than two posts down that is), but when are you actually returning to Adelaide?

10:13 AM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

Nick, you have wayyyy too much time on your hands! You need to get a real job - like me - I'm sitting around writing letters to people and watching Spirited Away! Also have to go pay bills, wash dishes, visit friends, burn and make CDs etc, make travel plans and book accommodation. Japan has the acest train system and I can work out all of my changes to the minute a month in advance . . it rules!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

BTW Richard is out at the end of the month and the other day on TV is did see a square watermelon, but it was an anime.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Joshiesmoov said...

I will look forward to stories from Fjui. Say hi to Rene for me

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home