Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Shining light


Shining light of Miyajima
Originally uploaded by 絵理.
 。。。夏休みに入ってきた! ウレッチ~

I have at last hit the shining brilliance that is summer holidays! Whilst I went out with a bit of a fizzle, disappointing myself with a hopeless effort at my last remaining piece of work. I've already put that in the past and am looking forward to the amazingness that I plan to make of this next two months!

Got the Astram stright into town this evening and pick up Rina from the Royal Hotel where Kumi had work and we went wandering about together which was quite lovely. Then we ended up being asked to dinner with the local government bloke whose show it had been which was quite pleasant. Ended up spending most of the time speaking to the official"s wife in English because evidentally they had spent 3 years in America about 20 years ago and she was clearly happy to chat anyway and polish up her language skills, which were still surprisingly still very good. I don't really like people speaking to me in English but when I don't know who people are in such settings I feel it's best to err on the side of politeness and respond as they seem to wish. Plus, when I get tired I find it hard to switch back and forth between languages so agilely.

Tomorrow I have hanging out plans with Yoko.
Wednesday Tori is heading off to Tokyo and then on to her OS travels, and in the evening there is another farewell party - a rich ¥3300!
Saturday Rina has a dance performance.
Sunday I'm going to hang out with Kana and we're going to work on our English together in the hope that she'll get the 7 extra points on the English Language Test when she takes it again so that she will be accepted to the exchange progamme to come to Adelaide next year!! Would be sooooo great if she did come!

Have to start planning the trip with Beenz.
Ara (Korean exchange student) and I also want to go somewhere together.
Obon is coming up too so that will invole some travelling with the family and going to Hide's family farm, which should all be nice.
Besides which it will nice just to have some to hang out with the family and do random fun stuff.
Ghibli Studio movie that just came out of the weekend. ゲドの戦記.
AND there is the trip at the end of the month to climb Mt Fuji!

And so many other things that I have yet to come up with.

Oh, and start that dreaful process of trying to pack up all of my stuff - it just grows and grows - can clothes breed?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

judging on your bedroom in adelaide - everything you own breeds! x em

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he. i second that! :)

xo lsd

9:51 AM  
Blogger Phili said...

Enjoy your well earned holiday lady! Your schedule of exams and assignments over the last little while had me reeling!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Eleanora Martinez said...

Thanks Phili,
You other ladies are poo! (o_-)

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home