Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Documentation


宮島でキャンプしてた
Originally uploaded by 絵理.
I wax and wane so much in my efforts to keep recounts of my daily life. Even when travelling I generally end up focusing more on the events as they happen and make this my excuse for never getting around to making even just a few notes daily.
Thus I end up 5 years down the track with a bag full of odds and ends half remembered. Almost a year after a travelling adventure with very little to show for an amazing adventure with the person I loved. Just blank pages and a few random dates. There are a number of things that I have wished to work on . . . this is one of them. In a way the blog functions positively for this. Although I went on hiatus last summer when I traversed J-land like a maniac, and other times when I can't see the computer screen for tears and piles off study, I generally manage to keep up a reasonable flow - and it helps to debrief from a day, a week even in this smallest of ways.

Last week we had a random camping adventure at Miyajima.
We camped at a pretty rough and ready sight on the opposite side to the shrine. About a 50 minute walk around to the Shrine precinct where the festival we went to see was taking place.

On the way to Miyajima I stopped off and visited Maki's parent's at the pottery shop which was thoroughly enjoyable and meant I was in a position to run around buying all of the forgotten things the girls who had already arrived discovered that we needed!

This is a shot of our rackshamble tent and Tori attending to the curry which would later be eaten by deer - they licked the pot so clean it was as if it had been washed! Ara and Alex are looking at my photos from China, as we listen to music, have a drink or three and had a photo-taking field day.

NOW down to study business!
Today I really really will get lots done . . . hmm, maybe I should take a walk to the post office and post Jess Jess's parcel . . . lovely procrastination!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home