Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Very Merry UNbirthday . .


日光
Originally uploaded by 絵理.
Yet again I don't have the photo I meant to have up for the occasion but here we go anyway . . .

I have lovely cousin called MissSareB and various other names that are all very cute but don't need to be repeated here. She's super ace July baby, though I remember her being a little cruel as a kid and not playing with me when I went and lived with her family and went to the famed Kalangadoo Primary School, but still . . . we all have innumerable memories from our childhood we would rather forget so I by no means hold it against her . . just another of the cousin memories!! Along with that year when we shared a room - and shared completely different sleeping patterns - how did we cope ?!
Now, she's all grown up and a simply lovely lady!
She's doing some many amazing things as she works away at her PhD . . . and she's waaayyy creative with a sewing machine and is the lonely person I know to have made a quilted bedspread!!
She's also a supportive reader of this here blog and regularly graces these dingey depths of the ether to post sweet comments upon the electronic page.

The photo is of a temple lintel in Nikko . . a brightly coloured temple backing onto a mountain and overlooking a forest of tall trees. It was cold in February . . a little snow remained. NOW it's stupidly hot and only bound to get hotter.
BUT there's plans to go a beer garden tonight despite upcoming exams and a presentation on Thursday . . also a festival tomorrow night at Miyajima. So, in SareB's honour I'll drink up tonight!

Here's to our SareB on her birthday!
Much love and many happy returns!
Hope you like the presents - who could ask for more than g-strings for you feet ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home