Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Moontide


厳島神社
Originally uploaded by 絵理.
I should be feeling as flooded with work as this shrine; as numerous places all over Japan that are experiencing landslides and floods. There is so much work to do for exams next week but I can't CAN'T get up the drive that I know I need to plow through it all. Things keep popping up to draw away my attention or pull at my heart . . all distractions that I can't seem to avoid. I'm floating in a world of frustration as I watch myself inert and unable to work, knowing it'll all come flowing in 10 fold on Saturday at the latest.

Took this photo at Miyajima when went to see the festival exactly one week ago. The tide was the highest I've ever seen it - the water was lapping at the bottom of the wooden floor of the shrine. When we arrived the water was so far out you could walk out to the Torii - the difference was quite amazing.

Okay - Here I go to shut myself in my room again and try for another couple of hours solid study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home