Monday, August 28, 2006
















Now I think I do love technology again . . maybe techonology didn't like being up at 2am.

富士山の上でご来光だよ!

I brand new day beginning above the clouds. Pity that Nami and I got separated just before it happened so were a little unsettled, not to mention freezing as it all happened. Funny how that's just so typical of life - Pictures make it look so much cleaner. You can't see the sleepless hours on a cramped bus or the bruised knees, the red eyes and struggle of hours of clambering about in the rain and the dark. But regardless of how much it may have hurt to get there I was going to! And no matter that bits of it are a blur of cold and fatigue I have some amazing memories captured in digital form and in my mind.
I never thought to be moving above the clouds, brought there by my own steam.


Also learned a new word - 雲海 (うんかい - unkai)which sounds unfortunately like 'unko' which means poo, but means the 'sea of clouds' that you see when you look down on them from above. Seemed very poetic to me. Even if the sight of it was slightly terrifying on the descent when I was able to see how precariously close I was to a steep sandy cliff that would start one on a long long tumble if one strayed too far or want just that little too far on one of numerous slips and slides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home