Friday, September 01, 2006

鈴苗と一緒に...家族

Exchange

My days in the house are numbered. I can almost count them on one hand.

Kumi said "why don't you just stay" . . . but there are so many reasons I think now to start a move on. I wish I had more time to spend with the family here but then again we're all busy so even when I am around they are often not - like tonight. They should be home in a minute though.
Stay longer and maybe you risk souring what is now a good relationship. Only Riyo is finally saying my name and when I came home after being away for a while the other day she came up to me and wanted to be held and stayed with me for ages.
Rina has been acting up lately.
Kumi is great - lots of fun.
Hide is Hide - amusing when I see him, but that's not that often.
I'll miss them and I'm so thankful for this time in which they've taken me in and shared their lives with me.
But I think there are places to be going and things to be doing. As much as it's soooo tempting to try and pull some strings again I think that my plan to be in Auslandia with the family and such for a while is a good one. I need to readjust and spend time back 'home' for a while to make sure I don't really turn Japanese.
I wonder how others have felt . . . Denni . . . Elizabeth . . . Tamara . . . other people who have done exchanges overseas for a long period of time. Did they feel torn in two ? Did they happily return 'home' . . . well, obviously not in one of those cases, because she's still in her adopted country . . . What about other people ??

Will I turn out to be like Ryoko who meant to head straight back but hasn't and now doesn't look like going back.

Must go buy dinner. Kumi has a headache . . taking the kids to buy dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home