Thursday, July 14, 2005

Shabu-shabu


Img_0215
Originally uploaded by Yukata Me.
This was taken when I went out for dinner and drinks with the Art club that first time . . . unfortunately the meat, not the vegetables, were in front of me but I still thought this was pretty attractive . . . in fact seeing the amber liquid gives me a thirst for some ume shu right now but after 3 and a half hours sleep last night I'm thinking of heading to sleepy land promptly.
Just thought I should show I haven't exploded or anything with the advent of yet another year to my age.

After neglecting my studies to make cakes last week the party went off a good success. It was great to have some many friends around me to help me celebrate when I'm so far from my peeps. I also got a whole stack of crazy unexpected gifts. All in all it was a brilliant evening and then weekend that followed was busy too!
Wasted time on that 3rd Stars War movie . . . those love scenes were just painful. In fact, the entire movie might have been better as a pre-talkies throwback. Did go to a fancy tofu restaurant though and the meal looked so pretty I took a photo, but with the trouble I have downloading photos this one will have to substitute.
The party food went down a treat! We had a really good balance of trashy snacks and healthy dips and sushi!!

The next four days will be encompassing 3 parties . . .
A 'compa' tomorrow night at a traditional homestyle cooking restaurant - sounds good! Plus it's tabe and nomi-houdai (you remember, all you can eat and drink for a set price).

Karl's cooking and fireworks birthday party is on Saturday night. After the success of the Armenian Nutmeg cake at my party I thought I'd make one for Karl too

OOOOoooh! Saturday Harry Potter comes out!

And then on Sunday we're all to go to our anime teacher's house for a farewell party for the Americans and Julie.
Term is all winding down and all of the last minute work is being given and demanded. It's likely to drive me nuts . . .

I'm looking forward to the break . . . Karl, Julie and I are discussing going to Nagoya at the start of August . . .
To tie in with my needing to be in Osaka by the 3rd to meet up with a certain someone.

Right!
I'm out of here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home