Tuesday, July 05, 2005

田植え - Taue - Rice planting

This really should have gone before the photo of me and Yuta . . . At the point I was being a wussy about hopping into knee-deep, "thick black squelchy mud" . . . figured it was safe enough when no bears seemed immediately apparent.
Saw a few frogs instead though.
It was certainly a unique experience to wandering around in the sticky mud - there were some new misses with falling over - I feel so much better prepared for the old children's game now.

Today I'm tired despite having done very little with my day . . . I tried to get a bit of study done this morning but realy didn't seem to have accomplished much by the afternoon. I did manage to brave the office people again and get Bronte's visit okayed so that she can stay the night with me on Sunday . . . Hmm I forgot to ask about the availability of extra bedding in the exualtation of finally achieving a positive result all by myself!
I even managed to get them to allow me to book one of the conference rooms for my party on Friday night . . . No food allowed, but I'm glad we'll have somewhere for playing games . . . pin the balls on the Tanuki! and the isutori geemu! The old heads down, thumbs out might get a dust off too - yay for cultural exchange!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home