Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A slow day . . .

Today was a bit of a wasted day, or so it feels right now. I just want to crawl back into bed. After staying up late again for no apparent reason I just kept hitting snooze til at about 9:30 I got a call from the office downstairs asking me to come and pay my rent . . . I managed to gather enough Japanese to make it understood that I hadn't had any money up until now but that I had finally received some and would be there within the hour to pay. So that's one issue finally attended to . . .

Then I tried to do my readings for International Relations - along with the textbook book we native English speakers are having to read Thucydides, but I just couldn't make inroads . . . as a diversion I used the rice cooker I have newly acquired to make up some rice for lunch and it was reasonably successful. Eventually I capitulated to the urge to cease and desist with readings and I decided to head in to Uni early so I could ensure I got a seat, as it's a large group in a smallish room, where I take a lot of my classes, and in this instance late comers usually miss out on a chair.

I then had Art Club and I went, despite desires to the contrary . . . a lot of the others were just hanging around and not actually doing anything arty. There was some discussion about what to bring this weekend to the proposed weekend trip to Miyajima . . . am having to miss going to a gathering at the Anime lecturer's house, but I think this'll be a super great experience - I've seen photos and it looks like they have a great time . . . Anyway, I tried to use what they gave me as printing ink to do a proof or two of the print I've been working on but as I suspected it was completely inappropriate for the task. So after trying to explain this in Japanese and talking one of the girls about what to do next with the bowl I'm making, I called it quits and came to check emails . . .

All in all I'm now feeling particularly uninspired!

Also, this morning when I ducked down to the ATM at 横川 station on BB it was a really bumpy ride and I realised that somehow, only two days after being fully inflated, the back tyre has deflated. I really hope that there's not a puncture! However, I am still better off then Julie who yesterday, when she stayed home sick, went down to put her newly purchased Daiso lock on her bike only to discover it had already been stolen after only a day in her possession . . . Maybe the bastards were annoyed that they couldn't take mine too because I'd locked it to MDG and as a spiteful gesture let down the tyre . . . Yet another chore on the list . . .

On a more positive note, I forgot to mention, that last night I met a fellow Lord Of The Rings soulmate nerd and was able to take my nerddom to even greater heights by discussing what technical and translation technicalities and DVD extras we'd watched in a mixture of Japanese and English - oh life can be sweet!

Time to catch a bus home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home