Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The reign of MDG is over . . .

All things must pass, and having absented myself from all-night Karaoke on Saturday night (apparently they went til 6am) because I had to be up at 7:30am Sunday, I rode MDG (see earlier post regarding Misty's DoppelGanger) home in the company of fellow piker Karl. We had all well and truly made the most of the 飲み放題(nomihoudai - all you can drink deal) by that point so it was still a night thoroughly seized, whilst we now felt decidedly trumped. Little did I think that that may have been the last of such occasions because Sunday morning marked the dawn of an new era - that of BB.

I managed to get a free bike (new to me, though not entirely without 'character' acquired through prior possession) and it's sweet as a nut! I spent a good deal of time choosing from those available but I am now cherishing BB. BB is a little smaller than MDG but is a comfy little number than rides smoothly . . . in keeping with Japanese standards it has a front basket and weird and ineffective back brakes . . .

Yet, happily do I dub thee Black Braker for thy sleek blacky blackness and squeakless, reliable brakes . . . ahh the dawn of a new day . . . more cycling misadventures are in store for me now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home